You may remember the clever explainer videos of social media and Internet culture from back in the mid-2000s by Common Craft. That business, run by Lee LeFever and his wife Sachi, continues to produce clever explainer videos for clients and its community of subscribers still today. LeFever’s new book Big Enough chronicles his entrepreneurial journey and explains how others can build a business on their own terms.
He joined Jason Falls on Digging Deeper to talk about his company’s path, his insistence on shaping a company built to suit him, his wife and their lifestyle and not falling victim to the predicable choices of bigger, faster, richer capitalism often projects.
Give the show a listen, then head over to Amazon and buy Lee’s book!
Other resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Restream.io – Our episode sponsor and multiple-location streaming platform
- Onalytica’s announcement doing away with top influencer lists
- Onalytica’s Blog for today’s Who’s Who report
- Winfluence – The Influence Marketing Podcast – Be sure to subscribe to the new show!
- Inbound – The big online version of the big marketing event. (Code BRK-PHP-IAUOU gets you $40 off the $89 price!)
Digging Deeper is sponsored by Restream.io. Produce and live stream to over 30 different social and video networks and up to 10 different pages or accounts at once. Learn more by visiting our link to Restream.io.
Today’s episode is also brought to you by Get.Online. Find a short, memorable and effectively branded domain name by using a .online domain. Cornett’s social shares are now moving to cornett.online. Jason Falls’s are jason.online. All the good .com domains are taken. Find your new domain at Get.online.
If you like this episode, please share it with a friend or colleague. Don’t miss the video show each week by subscribing to our YouTube channel or our audio podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher or Spotify.