Video Editor/Motion Graphics Designer
The VIDEO EDITOR/MOTION GRAPHICS DESIGNER understands branding and storytelling. A successful candidate for this role will be an expert at executing the end-to-end video production workflow, from initial storyboards to final edit. This person can deftly develop sophisticated motion graphics, as well as incorporate music and sound to bring a story to life. A strong candidate should be nimble, organized and adaptable; a smart, critical thinker with boundless initiative will succeed in this role.
A qualified candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere and After Effects
- Understanding of typography in After Effects
- Strong 2D Animation Experience with some 3D
- A high level of technical competency
- A background in a professional, post-production environment
- Demonstrate various editing and animation styles and showcase design ability for a wide range of techniques via your reel
- Audition and Audio Mixing is a plus
- Illustrator + Sketch experience is a plus
- Experience working with a global company and translations
- Must have fantastic communication and team skills
- Great attention to detail and creative mindset
- The ability to manage your own time productively to ensure the completion of tasks and a sense of urgency to be able to deliver quality work under the pressure of deadlines, plus the ability to correctly judge priorities across several projects and varied levels of activity.
What do you get?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health insurance (both PPO and High Deductible/HSA options)
- Dental and vision insurance
- Optional supplemental insurance coverages
- 15 days of PTO per year to start
- Free parking
- The chance to be a part of an excited, creative, and innovative team!
Who’s in charge here?
Position reports to the designated Creative Director
To apply, send your resumé and portfolio to Emmy Hartley at firstname.lastname@example.org
What will you do?
- Collaborate with external production teams on creative development and post-production on all assigned projects
- Collaborate with agency teams to facilitate internal video project needs
- Execute a momentum-based energetic editing style for case studies and sizzle reels, including fast-paced segments
- Be comfortable with multiple rounds of revisions with quick turnaround
- Work quickly, but not at the expense of quality
- Demonstrate ability to establish priorities while handling multiple projects
- Develop initial concepts and collaborate with CD, ACD, AD, CWS
- Maintain quality control to assure that all work meets the highest possible standards
- Foster a positive, professional team atmosphere and establish credibility
- Create, sometimes from scratch and sometimes adapting from existing work, 2D animations, Motion Graphics, Gifs, etc.
- Understand what makes GREAT content e.g. best practices for making social assets and mobile first
- Follow strict brand guidelines, while finding the right balance between creative flare and sticking closely to the guidelines
- Effectively communicate ongoing project status with account teams/clients
- Stay abreast of new trends in content and technology in motion graphics and video editing and suggest new ways to implement these trends/technologies
- Focus on delivering great work, regardless of the size of the project