At Cornett the UI/Web Designer works on conceptualizing, wire-framing, rapid prototyping, interaction & visual design and front end-markup for interactive and digital projects. These projects range from websites, and mobile apps to marketing emails and digital ads. The right person for this job loves to create and is quite good at it. Typically ,this position will work under the direction of an art director or creative director. A UI/Web Designer must understand how a specific target audience interacts with technology and be able to design solutions that accomplish the goals for Cornett’s clients.
Sound like you?
An ideal candidate will have:
- 2 – 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Sketch, Adobe XD or related software skills
- Enough HTML & CSS to build interactive mockups
- Experience working on Drupal / AEM sites or React apps is a plus
- Know the limitations of current technology while striving to get the most out of those limitations
- Motivated to research emerging platforms and share with the team
- Some experience with animation (such as AfterEffects or CSS animations) that would be great
What do you get?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health Insurance (both PPO & HSA Options/HSA Options)
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Optional supplemental insurance coverages
- 15 days of PTO per year to start
- Free Parking
- The chance to be part of an excited, creative and innovative team!
Who’s in charge here?
Position reports to the Director of Interactive Production and assigned Creative Director.
Send your resume and work samples to Emmy Hartley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What will you do?
- Create responsive web designs that match the design aesthetic of the appropriate client
- Work on large scale websites that require many phases of design from wireframe to mood board/style tiles/design system to final design of exactly what a user will see
- Mobile app design
- Email design, markup and testing
- Banner ad design and animation
- Work on large scale websites that require many phases of design from wireframe to mood board/style-tiles/visual inventory to polished page
- Communication design thinking and explain the reasons behind your designs
- Conceptualize and articulate innovative design approaches
- Exhibit solid user interface (UI) concepting skills
- Works with art director/copywriter teams to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns
- Maintain high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions
- Share knowledge to others in 1-on-1 conversations and presentations to co-workers
- Review the work of front-end web developers for quality assurance
- Enjoy working in in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple projects in a given day. Some will be big months long projects, others will be small tasks you can knock out in a couple hours