Sr. Media Planner/Buyer
The SR. MEDIA PLANNER/BUYER strategically leads media planning for accounts at Cornett with either a focus on digital or traditional mediums. This position will work closely with the Account and Creative teams to ensure that the approved media plan is executed on strategy and on brand for the client. Candidates should have a strong knowledge of all media, with a strong emphasis on digital media.
What do you get?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health insurance (both PPO and High Deductible/HSA options)
- Dental and vision insurance
- Optional supplemental insurance coverages
- 15 days of PTO per year to start
- Free parking
- The chance to be a part of an excited, creative, and innovative team!
Who’s in charge here?
Position reports to the VP, Director of Brand Performance
What will you do?
- Oversee and carry out research, planning, negotiation and execution of media plans
- Oversee ongoing monitoring and maintenance of media plan performance to ensure original objectives and strategies are being met
- Independently handle any/all client requests – ie: media plan changes, budget changes, etc.
- Evaluate media opportunities and provide written POV’s
- Communicate and meet with media sales reps and industry representatives on a regular basis
- Stay on top of industry trends, emerging technology, etc.
- Anticipate questions, problems, and obstacles with media plans and work to troubleshoot
- Manage multiple projects at once
- Communicate recommendations and explain rationale for planning both verbally and in written documents
- Prepare and present reports to clients and internal teams based on projections and/or performance of media plans
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills – oh my!
- 5 – 7 years related experience, preferably with some of the experience dealing directly with clients
- Knowledge of media-buying software, preferably DCM
- Strong understanding of different marketing communication mediums
- Ability to work independently and solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Knowledgeable in all Microsoft programs including Office, GoogleDocs, and Keynote
- Ability to multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to think creatively & analytically
- Have a passion for marketing strategy