Sr. Account Executive
The Senior Account Executive is a senior position in the Brand Management department. The Senior Account Executive is the primary account lead and responsible the overall client satisfaction, quality of service, and on-time, on-budget completion of the agency’s services. The Senior Account Executive must be able to build/sustain significant relationships with (all levels) clients and serve as the client’s marketing partner. The Senior Account Executive also serves as the internal team leader, working across the strategy, creative and media teams to deliver top-notch work for the client.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 7 years of marketing experience (ideally spent at an agency), with a track record of being a category expert and business strategist
- In-depth experience with integrated marketing programs including strategic development, analysis and implementation
- Demonstrated leadership success in a previous client service and account management role
- Demonstrated ability to build strong client relationships
- Excellent communication, persuasion and presentation skills, ability to present and articulate persuasive and cohesive presentations and points-of-view that ultimately close the sale
- Track record of strength in business development and financial account growth
- Passion for delivery of world-class integrated marketing plans
- A desire for excellence and a passion to succeed in a fast moving and ever-evolving environment where everyone is expected to be hands-on
- A thorough understanding, extensive experience and a passion for the Thoroughbred industry is a plus
What do you get?
- Health Insurance (PPO & HSA Options)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 15 day of PTO a year
- Free Parking
- Salary based on experience
Who’s in charge here?
Position reports to the designated Director of Brand Management
Position located in Lexington, KY
What will you do?
- Manage multimillion-dollar account(s) and provide strategic initiatives/thinking
- Develop meaningful relationship with clients in a way that positively impacts the agency relationship, including formulation and presentation of new initiatives, long-range plans, tactics, budgets and timelines
- Proactively lead, supervise and orchestrate all client and agency resources, demonstrating and utilizing high brand, category and market knowledge for assigned accounts
- Effectively collaborate with and manage agency, client and vendor/partner resources as needed for client success and agency profitability
- Intimately understand the client’s business, industry and competition, leveraging that knowledge to help generate new ideas to strategically grow their business
- Work under minimal supervision to lead all client planning processes, track timelines and deliverables, and manage staff and resource allocation on assigned accounts
- Consistently collaborate with team members throughout the work process to foster, facilitate and consistently deliver great work that is on strategy, on time and on budget
- Collaborate with Brand Strategy partners to originate briefs that clearly direct and powerfully inspire outstanding strategic and creative solutions
- Ensure work is on-strategy, breakthrough, appropriate for the brand and approved by senior management