Sr. Account Executive
The Senior Account Executive is a senior position in the Brand Management department. The Senior Account Executive is the primary account lead and responsible for overall client satisfaction, quality of service, and on-time, on-budget completion of the agency’s services. The Senior Account Executive must be able to build/sustain significant relationships with clients at all levels and serve as the client’s marketing partner. The Senior Account Executive also serves as the internal team leader, working with the strategy, creative and media teams to deliver top-notch work for assigned accounts.
The Senior Account Executive is the agency’s quarterback – they are able to create the conditions for the creative work to thrive. They have high emotional intelligence and are able to nurture junior team members as well as client relationships.
The Senior Account Executive is expected to be a business partner across multiple clients, using their deep knowledge and understanding of the clients business in order to create the best conditions for the right work to thrive, leading to the success and growth of both our partners and our agency.
They manage internal teams (direct reports, colleagues and seniors) with poise, clarity and integrity building followership across the board. Your colleagues want your input, opinion and approval. People trust you.
They navigate the Cornett processes effortlessly and are able to lean on the internal expertise available (across pillars) to deliver outstanding creative solutions to a range of business problems.
They are fluent in all phases of the creative process from strategy, through creative to production and are able to bring their expertise to bear at each stage.
They are able to foresee issues before they arise and head them off. They take pressure off the team by tackling the difficult conversations, and knowing when to escalate for support.
They are entrepreneurial and always on the hunt for growth on their accounts. They keep their eyes out for client needs and are able to quickly translate these needs into a solution which grows the agency business.
They exhibit an entrepreneurial mindset and a hunter attitude. Actively searching for new business opportunities within the marketing
You need to be a highly motivated, organized, and passionate individual willing to tackle demanding tasks. You will need a strong desire to learn and eagerness to help. To thrive, the Senior Account Executive will be one with an astute attention to detail and quality.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience (ideally spent at an agency), with a track record of being a category expert
- In-depth experience with integrated marketing programs including strategic development, analysis and implementation
- Demonstrated leadership success in a previous client service and brand management role
- Demonstrated ability to build strong client relationships
- Excellent communication, persuasion and presentation skills, ability to present and articulate persuasive and cohesive presentations and points-of-views that ultimately close the sale
- A track record of strength in business development and financial account growth
- Possesses a willingness to grow with the organization
- A passion for creativity and delivery of world-class integrated marketing plans
- A desire for excellence and a passion to succeed in a fast moving and every-evolving environment where everyone is expected to be hands-on
What do you get?
- Health Insurance (PPO & HSA Options)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 15 day of PTO a year
- Free Parking
- Salary based on experience
Who’s in charge here?
Position reports to the Director of Brand Management
Position located in Lexington, KY
To apply please click here.
What will you do?
- Manage multi-million dollar account(s) and provide strategic initiatives/thinking
- Develop meaningful relationships with clients in a way that positively impacts the agency relationship, including formulation and presentation of new initiatives, long-range plans, tactics, budgets and timelines
- Proactively lead, supervise and orchestrate all client and agency resources, demonstrating and utilizing high brand, category and market knowledge for assigned accounts
- Effectively collaborate with and manage agency, client and vendor/partner resources as needed for client success and agency profitability
- Intimately understand the client’s business, industry and competition, leveraging that knowledge to help generate new ideas to strategically grow their business
- Work under minimal supervision to lead all client planning processes, track timelines and deliverables, and manage staff and resource allocation on assigned accounts
- Consistently collaborate with team members throughout the work process to foster, facilitate and consistently deliver great work that is on-strategy, on-time and on-budget
- Collaborate with Brand Strategy partners to originate briefs that clearly direct and powerfully inspire outstanding strategic and creative solutions
- Ensure work is on-strategy, breakthrough and appropriate for the brand
- Develop, define and present annual and/or project scopes including deliverables, resources and financial requirements
- Act as the financial brand champion of the overall budget for assigned accounts, including development of monthly financial forecasts and actuals reports