Sr. Graphic Designer
The Senior Graphic Designer is a position in the creative department. Responsibilities include managing all graphic design tasks, refining projects and drafts, and generating creative ideas. This role typically will work under the direction of an Art Director or Creative Director but may work directly with account services or outside contractors on occasion.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience in a similar agency role
- BA/BFA in graphic design or equivalent experience
- Experience in web design is a plus
- Knowledge of web trends, and user experiences
- Knowledge of production processes, with experience using digital illustration and layout software including: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, Keynote and Microsoft Office
- Reasonable drawing skills
- Knowledge of printing processes and specification; paper specification; ink specification; familiarity with type styles, type design and type specification; stock photography; computer retouching and image manipulation; art direction of original photography
- Possess the ability to multi-task and manage a large number of concurrent tasks and projects
- Ability to see projects from beginning to end alone
- Ability to plan resources for entire team to work together on single projects
- Have excellent communication skills and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude to inspire
- Understanding of strategy and how creative work can impact goals
- A passion for creativity
- A desire for excellence and a passion to succeed in a fast moving and every-evolving environment where everyone is expected to be hands-on
What do you get?
- Health Insurance (PPO & HSA Options)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 15 days of PTO a year
- Free Parking
- Salary based on experience
Who’s in charge here?
Position reports to the designated Creative Director and Art Director.
The position is located in Lexington, KY.
To apply please click here.
What will you do?
- Provide design and illustration (digital and/or traditional) from conception to completion as required
- Work with art director/copywriter teams to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns
- Assist account teams with presentations for creative and new business pitches
- Work with teams in planning and executing photoshoots and video—helping build storyboards, shotlists, production materials
- Work with independent contractors as required per assignment, under supervision of designated Art Director/Senior Art Director/Creative Director, and in conjunction with production manager to meet assigned deadlines
- Maintain high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job function
- Assist in archiving and maintaining digital files, project hard copies, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, historical collateral samples, etc., of client materials and resources
- Maintain communication with the art or creative director on status of assignments
- Notify designated purchasing personnel or Creative Director when hardware/software requires updating or servicing
- Maintain internal digital file backups for in-progress jobs; upload completed project files to agency archive system
- Maintain reasonable inventory of necessary supplies for fulfillment of design responsibilities