The MEDIA PLANNER/BUYER handles media planning and buying for accounts at CORNETT with a focus on both digital and traditional mediums. This position will work closely with Senior Media Planner/Buyers, Account, and Creative teams to ensure that the approved media plans are executed on strategy and on brand for the client.
What do you get?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health insurance (both PPO and High Deductible/HSA options)
- Dental and vision insurance
- Optional supplemental insurance coverages
- 15 days of PTO per year to start
- Free parking
- The chance to be a part of an excited, creative, and innovative team!
Who’s in charge here?
Position reports to the Media Director.
What will you do?
- Help with research, planning, negotiation and execution of media plans
- Monitor and maintain media plan performance to ensure original objectives and strategies are being met
- Work with appropriate team/s to implement changes to the plan
- Evaluate media opportunities and provide written POV’s
- Stay on top of industry trends, emerging technology, etc.
- Assist with troubleshooting questions, problems, and obstacles in media plans
- Participate in multiple projects at once
- Communicate rationale for recommendations both verbally and in written documents
- Prepare and present reports to clients and internal teams based on projections and/or performance of media plan/s
- Communicate and meet with media sales reps and industry representatives on a regular basis
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS – OH MY!
- 2 – 4 years related experience, preferably with some of the experience dealing directly with clients
- Knowledge of media-buying software, preferably DCM, Google AdWords, STRATA, Facebook Ads Manager and Google Analytics
- Strong understanding of different marketing communication mediums (with a focus on broadcast and print for traditional buyer, or digital platforms for those with a digital focus)
- Ability to work independently and solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Knowledgeable in all Microsoft programs including Office, GoogleDocs, and Keynote
- Ability to multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to think creatively & analytically
- Have a passion for marketing strategy