Marketing Data Analyst
The MARKETING DATA ANALYST loves data and loves marketing. This role will also be involved in
gathering data and making recommendations for improving ad campaigns, social media campaigns and
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills – oh my!
- Degree in math, statistics, engineering or data related field preferred
- Expert-level Excel skills required
- Prior Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics experience required. GTM and Adobe Target experience
- Experience with a variety of MarTech tools, including web analytics and email service providers
- Knowledge of the media buying and reporting process preferred, as well as familiarity working with
medium and big data
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Proficiency with R and Python a plus
What do you get?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health insurance (both PPO and High Deductible/HSA options)
- Dental and vision insurance
- Optional supplemental insurance coverages
- 15 days of PTO per year to start
- Free parking
- The chance to be a part of an excited, creative, and innovative team!
Who’s in charge here?
Position is in the Brand Performance department and will report to directors in that department.
What will you do?
Digital Ad & Web Analytics
- Curate data from all areas of web analytics, paid and social media
- Create tracking plans for new digital projects, including standard and custom tracking
- Establish UTM templates based on clients’ marketing plans
- Manage new analytics installs/setups and maintain/update existing analytics, including, but
not limited to Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target,
Snowplow, Mouseflow, Litmus
- Mine data to uncover insights
- Select and refine attribution models
- Educate others on data analysis methods and techniques
- Connect data from various MarTech platforms such as Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Google
Search Console, MOZ, SalesForce Marketing Cloud and others
- Oversee the data pipeline and ensure accuracy
- Manage vendor relationships for the data pipeline and analysis tools
- Research best tools and partners to provide additional data sources
- Find interesting and insightful patterns in data
Reporting & Recommendations:
- Work with Account Management teams to define KPIs and Metrics for digital properties
- Identify how campaigns are performing against metrics and targets
- Utilize competitive analysis tools to identify opportunities
- Build dashboard reports in tools such as Google Data Studio, Tableau, DOMO or others
- Communicate findings via written reports and client meeting
- Ad-hock analysis/reporting
- For digital properties: identifying potential regions with opportunities for
improvement based on data
- For digital media: identify what is working and what’s not in media plans and bring it
to the attention of the Media Planning/Buying team so that they can make
adjustments and recommendations
Work on multiple projects in a given day. Some will be big months long projects; others will be small
tasks you can knock out in a couple hours.