Jr. Web Developer
The JUNIOR WEB DEVELOPER will work with designers, project managers, writers, data analysts,
senior web developer and other members of the team to produce fully functional web projects and
mobile experiences. This position will handle multiple projects and will spend a lot of time building
front end of sites and PHP & Java for the backend.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills – oh my!
- Experience in at least one of the following content management systems: WordPress, Drupal, AEM
- Experience in Java, PHP, and MySQL a plus
- Resourceful developer who isn’t afraid of challenges like learning new skillsets or improving those you
- Enjoys a fast paced environment and highly motivated, organized, and passionate about creating
- Great communicator who can explain things to people not familiar with programming
What do you get?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health insurance (both PPO and High Deductible/HSA options)
- Dental and vision insurance
- Optional supplemental insurance coverages
- 15 days of PTO per year to start
- Free parking
- The chance to be a part of an excited, creative, and innovative team!
Who’s in charge here?
Position reports to the Director of Interactive Production. Will be mentored by a Senior Web Developer.
What will you do?
- Build and maintain sites, and develop themes using WordPress, Drupal & Adobe Experience
- Regularly update active websites maintained by the agency
- Must handle multiple projects, reliably meet deadlines, and produce fully functional web projects
- Troubleshoot and debug user interface of web pages, web applications and web components
- Maintain records to document technical and functional developments and revisions, including base
architecture and customization details
- Performs cross-platform testing
- Assist analytics team in writing SQL queries
- Maintain code in a version control platform such as GIT
- Work well with others such as designers, art directors, copywriters, project managers, account
managers and senior web developers.
- Stay current on web dev-related technology trends and innovations
- Inform the team if problems occur on any agency managed or maintained interactive properties;
assists in helping to resolve all such problems