The GRAPHIC DESIGNER is a position in the creative department. The designer generates and manipulates graphic images and works up concepts and fulfills graphic layout assignments based on strategic and creative input. This role typically will work under the direction of an Art Director or Creative Director but may work directly with account services or outside contractors on occasion.
Sound like you?
The ideal candidate should have:
- BA in Graphic Design
- 3 – 5 years experience
- Knowledge of web design, web trends, and user experiences.
- Knowledge of production processes, with experience using digital illustration and layout software including: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, Keynote and Microsoft Office
- Reasonable drawing skills
- Knowledge of printing processes and specification; paper specification; ink specification; familiarity with typestyles, type design and type specification; stock photography; computer retouching and image manipulation; art direction of original photography
- Strong communication skills
What do you get?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health insurance (both PPO and High Deductible/HSA options)
- Dental and vision insurance
- Optional supplemental insurance coverages
- 15 days of PTO per year to start
- Free parking
- The chance to be a part of an excited, creative, and innovative team!
Who’s in charge here?
Position reports to the designated Creative Director.
Position is located in Lexington, KY.
To apply, send your resumé and portfolio to Emmy Hartley at firstname.lastname@example.org
What will you do?
- Provide design and illustration (digital and/or traditional) from conception to completion as required
- Work with art director/copywriter teams to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns
- Assist account teams with presentations for creative and new business pitches
- Work with independent contractors as required per assignment, under supervision of designated art director/senior art director/creative director, and in conjunction with production manager to meet assigned deadlines
- Maintain high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job function
- Assist in archiving and maintaining digital files, project hard copies, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, historical collateral samples, etc., of client materials and resources
- Maintain communication with the art or creative director on status of assignments
- Notify designated purchasing personnel or creative director when hardware/software requires updating or servicing
- Maintain internal digital file backups for in-progress jobs; upload completed project files to agency archive system
- Maintain reasonable inventory of necessary art supplies for fulfillment of design responsibilities