The Front-End Designer works on conceptualizing, wire-framing, rapid prototyping, interaction and visual design, and front-end markup for interactive and digital projects. Those projects include web site, web app, mobile web, and mobile app design. Typically this position will work under the direction of an Art Director or Creative Director, but may work directly with account services or outside contractors on occasion. An Interactive Designer must understand how a specific target audience interacts with technology and be able to design solutions that accomplish the goals for Cornett’s clients.
Sound like you? The ideal candidate should have:
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong Photoshop, Experience Design, Sketch, and related software skills
- Enough HTML & CSS to build interactive mockups
- Know the limitations of current technology while striving to get the most out of those limitations
- Motivated to research emerging platforms and share with the team
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
What do you get?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health insurance (both PPO and High Deductible/HSA options)
- Dental and vision insurance
- Optional supplemental insurance coverages
- 15 days of PTO per year to start
- Free parking
- The chance to be a part of an excited, creative, and innovative team!
Who’s in charge here?
Position will report to the designated Director of Interactive Production.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com
What will you do?
- Create responsive web designs that match the design aesthetic of the appropriate client
- Work on large scale websites that require many phases of design from wireframe to mood board/style tiles/design system to final design of exactly what a user will see.
- Work on multiple projects in a given day without freaking out
- Perform email design, markup, and testing
- Create banner ad designs and animation
- Communicate design-thinking and explain the reasons behind your designs
- Design desktop, mobile, and social media web experiences
- Conceptualize and articulate innovative design approaches
- Exhibit solid user interface (UI) concepting skills
- Works with art director/copywriter teams to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns
- Maintain high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions
- Share knowledge to others in 1-on-1 conversations and presentations to co-workers