Director of Social Strategy
The Director of Social Strategy is responsible for leading the vision behind Cornett’s earned and shared media services, including all social listening and analytics, content strategy and creation, and influencer marketing campaigns performed on behalf of our clients via the Content Studio. This person will report directly to the VP, Director of Brand Connections, and is responsible for their team’s performance, department revenue growth and client retention. They will work closely with the Brand Connections team to elevate our paid, earned, shared and owned (PESO) media services, but must also collaborate with the other main pillars and departments within the agency. Most importantly, this role ensures the social strategy we develop for our clients consistently and proactively identifies trends in technology, their industry, their consumers and our culture to be part of topics and conversations that keep their brand relevant.
Job requirements are:
- 10+ years of digital and social media marketing experience with an emphasis on earned and shared performance in the following areas: social content strategy and creation, social listening, analytics and reporting and social influencer marketing campaigns
- Experience leading in-house community managers, content strategists and creators, and experience in identifying, negotiating with and managing outside partners like influencers
- In-depth knowledge of social listening and analytics tools and how to best leverage and monetize them to improve client campaign performance and increase agency revenue
- A cultural fit that fosters collaboration and innovation with an eye on agency growth
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google programs (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Basic knowledge of other forms of digital media (Search, Display, Video, Audio, etc.)
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and make insightful recommendations
- Experience in presenting analyses to both small and large groups (internal and external)
- Strong verbal & written communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Good organizational skills with an ability to multitask and deliver quality work on deadline
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit able to work within a fast-paced environment
- Team player that knows how to work well with others and follow-through
- Passion for advertising and a desire to grow in their discipline
What do you get?
- Health Insurance (PPO & HSA Options)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 15 day of PTO a year
- Free Parking
- Salary based on experience
Who’s in charge here?
The Director of Social Strategy reports to the VP, Director of Brand Connections.
Position is located is Lexington, KY
What will you do?
- Ownership of the team responsible for earned and shared media work performed on behalf of Cornett clients with an eye on agency profitability and account growth/retention.
- Lead our client’s social content & distribution strategy based on social listening and analytics insights that help them to differentiate their brands across channels.
- Develop an in-house Content Studio specializing in content strategy, creation, amplification and reporting alongside Brand Creative and Brand Connections leaders.
- Understanding of how to create buzzworthy ideas based on trending topics and conversations online to help our clients receive earned media engagement and pickup.
- Coaching and development of staff with an eye on employee growth and retention.
- Supporting a culture of growth, innovation and autonomy within their department, while maintaining oversight and mentorship to ensure product quality and consistency.
- Define strategic processes and deliverables for every stage of our earned and shared media practice, along with standardization of our social analytics and reporting.
- Continuous product innovation that looks for efficiencies in our process, deliverables, and evaluation of partners and tools used across social listening and analytics, content strategy and creation, and influencer marketing campaigns to improve overall product.
- Consistent monitoring of social listening platforms that will help Cornett to keep our clients ahead of conversations and trends that will ensure their content strategy consistently feels fresh and relevant based on what is important to their audience(s).
- Work closely with members of the Brand Connections department (and other agency teams) to ensure a fully integrated work product that ladders back to client goals.
- Assist with new business responses related to earned and shared media, as needed.