The ART DIRECTOR is responsible for day-to-day oversight of the creative process. This role will serve as a hands-on team leader and will use the usual software (InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator) to develop game-changing design and creative executions, as well as guide designers and Production Artists within the creative team to accomplish the goals of the creative strategy developed by the Account Director and Creative Director. The Art Director works with a Copywriter and Account Planner as part of the team, building ideas and concepts. The Art Director is also a client-facing role as needed, presenting concepts, responding to project developments, and working alongside the account planner with the creative team to bring about successful results—on brand, on message, and on time.
What do you get?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health insurance (both PPO and High Deductible/HSA options)
- Dental and vision insurance
- Optional supplemental insurance coverages
- 15 days of PTO per year to start
- Free parking
- The chance to be a part of an excited, creative, and innovative team!
Who’s in charge here?
- Position reports to the designated Creative Director
What will you do?
- Under the leadership of the creative director and/or chief creative officer, the art director will develop creative concepts in the form of sketches, mood boards, conceptual designs, and ideas across all mediums
- Work with copywriters, designers, and other stakeholders to conceptualize solutions to problems presented in the creative brief
- Develop design elements, select materials, and source photographers, vendors, etc., in concert with the creative director
- Design for print and digital spaces; storyboard concepts and cinematography/animation treatments for development across all media
- Art direct photo and video shoots, attend press proofs, and supervise freelancers as needed
- Lead graphic designers and production artists on all projects from concept to final production
- Review projects for style, accuracy, and strategy, and guides development of copy as needed
- Strive to ensure timely, accurate completion of assigned projects. Keep creative director and account planner aware of project status
- Have working knowledge of computer design software and hardware and strive to stay current in level of knowledge and abilities
- Keep creative director informed of need to upgrade design-related computer hardware/software. Maintain said equipment/supplies for use in the creative department
- Oversee creative solutions and present those to account planner for internal approval at a date determined in the initial creative input meeting