The Associate Director of Performance Media is responsible for the development and execution of overarching strategy, planning, and hands-on keyboard campaign implementation and optimization across multiple search and social platforms to meet and exceed our client’s goals. This position will act as a paid search and paid social expert across brand lift, lead generation, and e-commerce campaigns, according to individual client and campaign needs. This role will train and lead a small team of performance media professionals and report to (and frequently collaborate with) our SVP, Director of Brand Connections at Cornett.
● Bachelor's degree with relevant major and courses preferred
● 5-10 years of experience specific to performance media (agency preferred)
● Expertise in paid search and paid social ad platforms is a must (Google Ads, Meta Business Manager, etc.), along with data visualization solutions and site analytics tools
● Maintain Google Ads and Meta Blueprint certifications (at a minimum)
● Experience managing multi-million dollar campaigns for enterprise clients
● Train and supervise a team of performance media professionals
● Ensure billing and budget pacing is handled accurately and in a timely matter
● Proven track record of successful client relationship development
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Google Workspace programs (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
● Strong verbal & written communication skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
● Attention to detail that is able to deliver good quality work on deadline
● Demonstrate strong quantitative and analytical skills capable of uncovering key insights
● Proactive, self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in fast-paced environment
● Team player that knows how to work well with others and follow-through
● Passion for advertising and a desire to grow themselves and a team in their discipline
● Solid understanding of marketing and advertising principles - including “media math”
● Working knowledge of digital media tactics (Search, Social, Display, Video, Audio, etc.)
● Knowledge of Media Mix Modeling (and Multi-Touch Attribution) solutions is a plus
● Knowledge of self-serve programmatic DSPs (The Trade Desk, Basis, etc.) is a plus
● Knowledge of omnichannel marketing platforms (Skai, MediaMath, etc.) is a plus
● Basic understanding of traditional media tactics (TV, Radio, Print, OOH. etc.)
What you will do?
● Lead in-platform (hands on keyboard) media execution across Paid Search and Paid Social platforms with focus on Google and Meta. Experience with other search and
social platforms is preferred (Microsoft, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, LinkedIn, X, etc.).
● Architect effective paid search and paid social campaigns with little to no direction.
● Display expert knowledge of Google Ads platform inclusive of search, shopping, GDN, Discovery and YouTube strategies and how to achieve holistic success across tactics.
● Conduct audits of client’s existing paid search and paid social ad accounts to identify quick wins and long-term changes that will lead to performance improvements.
● Research available client, competitive and industry data to build audiences, select tactics, and set up campaign structures to achieve client goals with supporting rationale.
● Implement automated bid strategies to maximize performance with deep understanding of finding efficiencies in hitting CPA and ROAS targets - all while pacing to budget.
● Setup paid search bid management using match type strategies, campaign settings, demo targeting, remarketing, custom audience lists, and custom-built automation.
● Use retention and win-back strategies to enhance brand value / equity and improve customer lifetime value across multiple performance media channels and tactics.
● Design data-driven customer journeys that impact user behavior and increase conversion using the right mix of prospecting and retargeting to drive incrementality.
● Partner with members of our Strategy, Creative, Analytics and in-house Content Studio teams on data-driven insights to improve campaign and creative performance.
● Deliver mid and post campaign reports that provide key insights with an eye towards identifying areas of performance improvement and additional investment opportunities.
● Stay current on integrated search and social media industry trends and best practices.
● Balance organic and paid media effectiveness to drive conversion and optimization.
● Participate in new business development and pitches, as needed.
● Exhibit confident communication skills to effectively present tactical performance media plans and regular campaign status reports to internal and external (client) audiences.
● Manage personal and team workload and prioritize deliverables to meet client deadlines.
● Research keywords, analyze their relevance and perform competitive analysis.
● Consult on landing page planning, content optimizations and A/B testing strategies.
● Possess analytical ability with a proven track record of extracting actionable insights.
● Establish in-platform benchmarking, projections, and reach and frequency analysis.
● Test a multitude of campaign variables to increase efficiency of campaign budgets to drive conversion improvements, expand search impression share and drive higher ROI.
● Implement and test strategies designed to increase conversion rates and lower cost-per-lead across multiple clients and multiple industries and vertical markets.
● Aid in the setup of product feeds for Google shopping and Meta Advantage+ campaigns.
● Coordinate ingestion of CRM lists into Google and paid social platforms for use with First-Party Data targeting segmentation (experience with LiveRamp is a plus).
● Analyze campaign performance and make optimization recommendations across campaigns and cross-platform effectively managing towards a holistic CPA.
● Train junior staff to develop their technical competencies and in-platform expertise.
● Stay current with performance media platform and strategy best practices.
● Address any billing/reporting discrepancies and make necessary process improvements.
● Reference analytics to gauge paid media performance beyond the ad platform metrics.
● Provide best practices on how to maximize performance using creative differentiation, and send deliverable due dates and spec sheets to internal teams ahead of launch.
● Generate pixels and tracking tags for our Analytics team to implement and test.
● Track actual media spend against planned budget to monitor pacing and adjust billing.
● Perform other job functions as required by their direct supervisor.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
● Health Insurance (PPO & HSA Options)
● Dental and Vision Insurance
● 15 days of PTO a year
● Free Parking
● Salary based on experience
WHO’S IN CHARGE HERE?
Position reports to the SVP, Director of Performance Media.